Idaho Modification Attorney

Modification in Idaho

As time passes, circumstances may change, requiring a modification to an existing child support, custody, or visitation Order. Drawing upon her attention to detail and years of experience, Dena Moore can help guide you through the process of modification.

Why Would I Need to Modify an Existing Agreement?

If your financial or employment situation changes, you may find yourself in a position where you need to modify your existing child support, custody or visitation Order. Or maybe your child is now a pre-teen or teenager who has expressed an interest in changing the current custodial schedule. Or maybe you and your ex have been exercising a schedule that is different from your Order for quite some time now. Each of these situations dictate that your Order be updated.  Times like these are often stressful, and having an experienced modification attorney guide you through the process can help shoulder the burden.

Additional reasons for modifying an existing agreement include:

  • If you need to make changes in the availability of medical insurance
  • If you wish to increase or decrease the amount being paid through child support by more than 15% or by at least $50, you will be required to request a change to the current child support agreement.
  • You may also need to change your agreement if the original agreement doesn’t indicate how much is to be paid per child. In the case of multiple children, this is especially important when a child turns 19-years-old, graduates from high school or no longer lives with the custodial parent.
  • Relocation
  • Scheduling Changes
  • Changes in either parent’s household

Dena will work with you to gather the necessary information needed to establish a change in circumstances in order to modify your current Order. She has years of experience and is well versed in  modification law. Dena will make sure that it gets done right the first time.

It helps to have an experienced lawyer in your corner to handle the court petition and the changes to the legal paperwork. For any questions on how to move forward with the modification process, contact Dena today.

Comments are closed